Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rainy Days, Cafes, and Boutiques

It has been raining nonstop here today. Since the time I woke up this morning until now. I love rainy days so much, but they really aren't that great when you're trying to get pictures, especially when you have to juggle a camera in one hand and an umbrella in the other. But, on the bright side, while I was tromping around in crazy puddles all over camp trying to capture the day without getting too wet, I got to use my sweet friend's amazing zebra print umbrella. The fact that it was zebra print made me a happy girl. This evening I got a chance to run downtown and meet my amazing sister, niece, and friend for dinner at Cafe on Broadway. It was absolutely delicious! I had an apricot almond and chicken salad that was yummy yummy stuff! After eating, we went to this little boutique store across the street called Heather Hill to look around, and it totally made me want to go home, dust off my sewing machine, and start creating things. I actually treated myself by buying a new apron for my hopechest. It was an adorable one with the cutest pattern, and I was able to get a deal on it, so that pretty much made my day. The shop was full of the sweetest little girl dresses that would be so easy to make. I got so many great ideas. I can't wait till I get a chance to make up a few for Elsie and some of the other precious little girls that the Lord has blessed my life with. I so enjoyed my visit with the girls while they were here. It was such a blessing to get to spend some time with them even it was just for a short while.
(some of my favorite dresses from Heather Hill)
http://heatherhillclothing.com/

1 comment:

  1. are we the other children you have been blessed with? I love you so much!!!!


    love avery

    ReplyDelete