Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Highly Effective Woman

Anyone who knows me knows that I love schedules. I love pulling out my little pink notebook in the mornings and planning out the day or week ahead. I have come to realize though how easy it is for me to get caught up in trying to complete these list and schedules in my own strength and ability, and it results in disaster every time. In my own efforts, it may start out well, but eventually I wear myself out, I get discouraged when not everything gets accomplished, or I get frustrated when things don't go the way that I plan them. It's at times like these that I realize I have forgotten where the source of my strength to get anything accomplished at all rests. The purpose of my planning is to be a better steward of my time so that through that I might bring glory to God. It's through planning that I can better serve my Savior and those he has placed in my life. A resource that I have found to be very encouraging in my efforts to better serve Him with my time, is written by a Godly woman who loves the Lord by the name of Carolyn Mahaney. In her PDF on the Highly Effective Woman, Carolyn covers three important truths in time management and organization. -The Source of our Justification-The Source of our Ability-The Source of our MotivationI like to often pull up and read through the first part of this PDF reminding myself of these truths whenever I find myself being distracted by trying to accomplish my tasks for my own sake and not for God's glory. If you get a chance I'd very highly recommend you taking a moment and reading through the first part of the PDF. You can find this free PDF under the Biblical Womanhood list of resources by the title of The Highly Effective Woman following link- http://www.girltalkhome.com/resources#pdfs
Whether you eat or drink, whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1 Cor. 10:31).

No comments:

Post a Comment